Thursday, March 18, 2010

Project(s) & Life Update!

Dear Emilie,

I just have to share with you some of the things I've been doing since the last time.  Surprisingly, when I step away from the computer I get soooo much more done.  (Go figure!)  As I shared previously, I was asked to knit a preemie hat for charity.  Well, I want to make two--and I've done that.  Then I decided that I'd make one for each of the full-term babies I was blessed to have. 

The first pattern didn't work for me so after frogging it and restarting (using a compilation of two other patterns) I was able to complete it.  I think it's nice.  It does sort-of look like a "first."




The second one I simply did what I do--knitt my ear.  LOL!  I think it's adorable!!




I'm not working on my third, which is a nice deep blue.  My hope is to have it done by the weekend so I can ship them all off on Monday.

During this time I've learned to crochet.  And let me tell you...I whipped out a scarf in less than four hours.  Crocheting is definitely faster.  Not sure if I really like the look of it (I do so love the look of knitting), but I am open to learning it more and making things for others--again, because it so quick! :D




I must say that I'm feeling very proud of myself for trying new things!  I used 4-5 needles on the preemie hats so now I'm ready to try a pair of socks.  This has definitely satisfied my need to create and give.  It's also made my crave out time each day for this--which I've wanted to do for some time.  I think this is a habit I want to make--so between sorting and packing and reading and cooking and cleaning and homeschooling and running errands and laughing....you'll find me either knitting or crocheting. :D

Oh, on my "break" last week, I found a yarn store.  Em, it was so good to be in that space!!  It was almost as nice as Knitch (the one we went to to knit in the ATL).  You can read more here (and see photos).  I thought about that commercial you shared with me...touch, touch, touch, touch, feeeeeeel!.  Yeah, I was doing a lot of feeling! LOL!  And I stumble upon another great little shop called Just Be.  This really spoke to me.  There were hand made items from local and national artists who inspire, encourage and share simply beauty with someone like me. :D  I'm looking forward to visiting again and getting a few of those pretty things.  (Perhaps we should plan a date there!?!)

We are definitely moving forward with "the BIG move" plans scheduled for mid-June.  Yesterday I got through most of the stuff in the office--turned storage room.  It's still in 'storage' mode but all the trash, junk and things to be donated OUT.  Melvin said that I'm welcome to back everything else up--which, I probably will.  However, I'm now thinking, if it can be packed up now, do we really need it--ever?  So, perhaps I'll have another conversation with him.  lol.  I've gotten two boxes of books together to donate.  Realizing that I don't have to HAVE every book.  We need to better utilize our library systems--this will definitely free up some space in my house and in my life!


I miss you.  We must get together soon!  What things are on your needles these days?

~leslie

No comments: